Malawi visa requirements for Thais
Travel and visa requirements
Malawian Visa is not required for Thais
Stay Duration: 30 days
- Malawi is a landlocked country in southeastern Africa with its capital at Lilongwe. Malawi is known for its extraordinary freshwater lake, Lake Malawi which dominates the landlocked country.
- Thailand citizens visiting Malawi are eligible to get their visas on arrival after making the necessary online application and can stay up to 30 days.
- The required documents for Thais before visiting Malawi are a valid passport with 6 months' validity, two blank passport pages for visa stamps, passport photographs, hotel reservations, and yellow fever vaccination certificate.
- Tourists are required to have a return or onward ticket and proof of enough funds to spend during their stay, which could be a recent bank statement.
- Intending visitors can get to Malawi from any international airport in India.
- The average flight duration from Thailand to Malawi is 9 hours 46 minutes while the distance is 8,017 Km.
- Malawi has a subtropical climate, with distinct dry and rainy seasons. The warm-wet season runs from November to April, which is the best time to visit the country, while the dry season lasts from September to October.
- The Malawian kwacha is the official currency of Malawi. Visitors can exchange their foreign currencies at various banks and exchange outlets in the country.
- Christianity is the dominating religion in Malawi with about 44% being Christain protestants, 18% being Roman Catholics and other Christian denominations are about 18% of the country’s population. Other religions like Islam and traditional beliefs are present as well.
- Tourists traveling to Malawi can budget an average of $50 to spend per person on each day.
- The power plugs and sockets used in Malawi are of type G. The standard voltage is 230 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz. You should always travel with your electronic adapters.
- Malawi has English as its official language and Chichewa as the national and most widely spoken language. Chinyanja, Chiyao, and Chitumbuka are other indigenous languages in Malawi.
- Malawi uses the Central Africa Time which is 2 hours ahead of GMT with no Daylight Saving Time.
- The time difference between Thailand and Malawi is 5 hours, Thailand is ahead of Malawi.
- The operating airlines from Thailand to Malawi are Oman Air, Air Asia, and Ethiopia Airlines.
- Visitors can move around in Malawi with buses, taxis and car rental
- Some of the tourist attractions in Malawi include Liwonde National Park, Kasungu National Park, Nkhotakota Wildlife Reserve and Mulanje Mountain Forest Reserve.
- Tourists are advised to follow the instructions of local authorities and also monitor local news broadcasts while in the country.
- Tourists are also advised to take sensible precautions to protect themselves from muggers and bag-snatchers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I spend foreign currency in Malawi?
The Malawian Kwacha is the legal tender used in Malawi and you must change your foreign currency to this local currency at the authorized local banks or any other financial institutions responsible for the Foreign Exchange rate in the country.
How long is Malawi tourist visa valid for?
How many times can I visit Malawi with my tourist visa?
The Malawi tourist e-visa is a single entry visa, which limits the holder to one entry through one port of entry. If you leave, you must purchase another visa to reenter Malawi.
How long does it takes to process Malawi tourist e-visa?
It takes aboutto approve the tourist e-visa application.