Malaysia visa requirements for Thais
Travel and visa requirements
Malaysian Visa is not required for Thais
Stay Duration: 30 days
- Malaysia is among the countries in Southeast Asia with Kuala Lumpur as its capital.
- Thailand citizens visiting Malaysia as a tourist do not need visa and can stay for a period of 30 days and the visa is valid for 90 days.
- Required documents when applying for Malaysia tourist visa are passport with at least 6 months of validity, a recent passport-sized photo, proof of funds, hotel reservation and return flight ticket.
- Malaysia is known as the Halal Food Certification nation in the world. Other countries of the world get advised from Malaysia on Halal Food matters.
- The official language spoken in Malaysia is known as Malay.
- The major religion practiced in Malaysia is Islam. Other religions practiced by a small number of the population include Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, and traditional Chinese religions.
- The currency spent in Malaysia is the Malaysian ringgit (MYR) with the symbol Rm.
- Malaysia's climate is known to be equatorial, i.e. hot and humid throughout the year.
- Vaccines required before entering Malaysia are hepatitis A, hepatitis B, typhoid, yellow fever, Japanese encephalitis, rabies, meningitis, polio, chickenpox, shingles, pneumonia, and influenza.
- Malaysia uses 240V, 50Hz with socket and plug Type G.
- Some of the tourist centers to visit in Malaysia include Gunung Gading National Park, Manukan Island, Mulu Cave, Sepilok Rehabilitation Center and The Petronas Twin Towers.
- Malaysia does not operate Daylight Saving Time (DST), the clocks stay on Standard Time all year round. Malaysia Standard Time is 8 hours ahead of the Greenwich Meridan Time.
- The time difference between Thailand and Malaysia is 1 hour. Malaysia is ahead of Thailand.
- Operating airlines in Malaysia include Malaysia Airlines, Malindo Air, AirAsia X, AirAsia, Firefly, Indonesia AirAsia, Scoot, China Southern Airlines, Etihad.
- The total flight duration and distance between Thailand and Malaysia is 3 hours 42 minutes and 1,301 km.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the other languages spoken aside from the official language?
English, Chinese and Indian dialects are widely spoken especially in commerce and industry.
How much is Malaysia tourist visa?
The Malaysian tourist visa is free for all Thailand citizens and are eligible to stay up to 30 days.
What is the law on currency restriction?
Both citizens and foreigners in Malaysia are permitted to bring in and take out an amount not exceeding RM1,000.
What kind of credit cards are used in Malaysia?
The most widely accepted credit cards in Malaysia are MasterCard and Visa.