Mauritania visa requirements for Thais
Travel and visa requirements
Mauritanian Visa is not required for Thais
Stay Duration: 90 days
- Mauritania is located in the Northwest of the African continent. The capital and the largest city is Nouakchott.
- Mauritania is known for its massive dunes, tabular mountains, and rocky desert. The dunes and the ocean's effect on each other is such a beautiful thing to see.
- Myanmar citizens traveling to Mauritania are eligible to get their visas on arrival at the airport in Mauritania with the duration of stay of 90 days.
- The following documents are required for the Mauritania tourist visa, a valid passport, onward and return ticket, and two blank visa pages for entry and exit stamp.
- Proof of hotel reservation or any other means of accommodation in Mauritania should be presented.
- The official language recognized in Mauritania is Arabic while French is adopted as its foreign language. Other ethnic languages are Wolof, Pulaar, Soninke, and Bambara.
- The main religion practiced in Mauritania is Islam.
- The Mauritania currency is known as the Mauritanian ouguiya (MRU).
- Mauritania uses 220V, 50Hz with socket and plug Type C.
- In Mauritania, There is no limit on foreign currency provided the amount is declared on arrival. The foreign currency on exit should not be more than the amount declared on entry.
- Mauritania's temperature in the day time is above 38° C (100° F). Its climate is typically hot, sunny, dry and somewhat windy all year long, kind of similar to that of Sahara Desert's climate but a bit less.
- Mauritania is on the Greenwich MeanTime. The country observes no Daylight Saving Time.
- The required vaccinations before visiting Mauritania are hepatitis A, hepatitis B, typhoid, yellow fever, rabies, meningitis, polio, chickenpox, shingles, pneumonia, and influenza.
- The top-rated tourist centers to visit in Mauritania are Galerie Zeinart, Chinguetti Mosque, and Banc d'Arguin National Park.
- The time difference between Myanmar and Mauritania is 17 hours. Mauritania is ahead of Thailand.
- The operating airlines in Mauritania include Tunisair, Turkish Airlines, Royal Air Maroc, Senegal Airlines, Air Algerie, ASKY Airlines, Binter Canariasand Air France.
- The average flight duration from Thailand to Mauritania is 14 hours 3 minutes, the distance is 11,538 Km.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where will I get my visa upon arriving Mauritania?
The only recognized and certified place to acquire your visa upon arrival is at Nouakchott-Oumtounsy International Airport. Any other place will require you to go to the embassy.
Which of the credit cards is accepted in Mauritania?
There are only a few places in Mauritania where credit cards are being accepted but nonetheless, visa cards are accepted in some hotels while some ATMs accept both foreign credit and debit cards.
How long does it take to process Mauritania tourist visa?
Processing time will vary depending on when the approval is received by the consulate. Visas are usually processed in 15 business days.
How much can I budget per day in Mauritania?
You should plan to spend around MRO15,278 ($43) per day on your vacation in Mauritania. This covers meals, transport, and accommodation.