Mongolia visa requirements for Thais
Travel and visa requirements
Mongolian Visa is not required for Thais
Stay Duration: 30 days
- Mongolia is among the landlocked countries in the Eastern part of Asia. It has its main city in Ulaanbaatar.
- Thailand citizens traveling to Mongolia as a tourist do not require a visa and can stay as long as 30 days.
- The required document needed from Thais is a valid passport for at least 6 months, 2 blank passport pages for visa stamp on entry and exit, travel itinerary, etc.
- Mongolia is famous for its steppe lands i.e. dry grassy plains which makes Mongolians herding lifestyle favorable.
- The official language of Mongolia is Mongolian. The two most dialect languages are Oirat and Buryat while Mongolic Khamnigan, Kazakh, and Tuvan languages are other languages spoken in some regions of the country.
- The major religions practiced in Mongolia are Buddhism and shamanism.
- There are no restrictions of currency on the import of local and foreign currencies, provided they are declared on arrival. Local and foreign currencies can be taken out up to the amount brought in and declared.
- Mongolia uses 230V, 50Hz with sockets and plugs Type C and Type E.
- The climate in Mongolia is extremely continental with short summers and long cold winters.
- Mongolia observes two Daylight Saving Time, Hovd Time and Ulaanbaatar Time. Hovd Time is 7 hours ahead of GMT while Ulaanbaatar Time is 8 hours ahead of the GMT.
- The vaccines required before visiting Mongolia are hepatitis A, hepatitis B, typhoid, rabies, meningitis, polio, chickenpox, shingles, pneumonia and influenza.
- Among the top-rated tourist centers in Mongolia are Gobi desert, Altai 5 bogd, Kharkhorin-Erdenezuu, Orkhon Valley, and Khustai National Park.
- The time difference between Thailand and Mongolia is 1 hour. Mongolia is ahead of Thailand.
- The operating airlines from Thailand to Mongolia are ThaiAir Asia and MIAT Mongolian Airlines.
- The flight duration from Thailand to Mongolia is 5 hours 22 minutes, the distance is 3,457 Km.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I extend my stay in Mongolia?
To extend your tourist visa stay, you need to register for a proper visa within 7 days of arrival.
Is Mongolia safe to visit?
Mongolia is among the least crime-ridden countries to visit, but petty crime is often. With one of the lowest crime rates in Asia, you won't have much to worry about when it comes to trouble in Mongolia.
Which credit card is accepted in Mongolia?
Credit cards are widely accepted at shops, hotels, and restaurants. The kind of credit cards used in Mongolia is Visacard.
When is the best time to visit Mongolia?
The best period to travel to Mongolia is from July to August. This is when summer is at peak, pleasant and warm.