Namibia visa requirements for Thais
Travel and visa requirements
Namibian Visa is not required for Thais
Stay Duration: 3 months
- Namibia is a country in southwest Africa, is distinguished by the Namib Desert along its Atlantic Ocean coast. The capital city of Namibia is Windhoek.
- Namibia is home to diverse wildlife, including a significant cheetah population and famous for the highest dunes in the world at Sossusvlei and for the Etosha National Park, one of the world's greatest conservation areas.
- Thailand citizens can gain entry into Namibia by obtaining a visa on arrival at Hosea Kutako International Airport or Walvis Bay Airport and stay up to 3 months.
- Prospective visitors are required to have a passport valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of arrival in Namibia. The passport should have at least one blank page for visa stamping.
- Importing and exporting of the local currency is possible if the amount is not above NAD 50,000 in Namibia Reserve Banknotes. The import and export of foreign currencies are unlimited if declared on arrival.
- A detailed printed itinerary of your time in Namibia and proof of enough funds to spend during your stay in the country, which could be a recent bank statement with hotel reservations.
- Qatar Airways and Ethiopian Airlines are some of the carriers that fly from Thailand to Namibia.
- The average flight duration from Thailand to Namibia is 12 hours 7 minutes while the distance is 9,954 Km.
- Namibia has a subtropical desert climate, with two distinct climates. From June to September is winter in Namibia and summer is from November to April.
- The Namibian Dollar and South African Rand are the currencies used in Namibia. Tourists can exchange their foreign currencies at banks and other exchange outlets in the country.
- Afrikaans, German and English enjoy equal status as official languages in Namibia. There are about 30 other indigenous languages being spoken in Namibia.
- Transportation in Namibia can be facilitated by car rentals and taxis.
- Namibia makes use of the Central Africa Time
- Etosha National Park, Fish River Canyon, Sossusvlei, and Cape Cross are some of the tourist destinations in Namibia visitors can visit.
- Christianity is the most widespread religion in Namibia, with about 90% of the entire population. The Islam religion is also quite prominent.
- Tourists traveling to Namibia can budget an average of $60 to spend on expenses per day.
- The power and socket plug used in Namibia are of type D and M. The standard voltage is 220 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz.
- Biltong, potjiekos, Kalpana and fat cakes, and mopane worms are some of the delicacies tourists can try while in Namibia.
- Tourists are advised to follow the instructions of local authorities and also monitor local news broadcasts
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Namibia tourist cost and where will I get the visa on arrival?
The Namibian tourist visa costs US$1000 while the visa will be obtained on arriving Namibia at Hosea Kutako International Airport or Walvis Bay Airport.
How much can I spend per day in Namibia?
Tourists traveling to Namibia can budget an average of $60 to spend on expenses per day.
How can I get around in Namibia?
Getting around in Namibia is easy and can be facilitated by car rentals and taxis.
When is the best time to visit Namibia?
If seeing wildlife is your main objective, the best time to visit all parks in Namibia, especially Etosha, is in the dry season from May to October. Even, Namibia is a scenic country and can be visited throughout the year.