Oman visa requirements for Thais
Travel and visa requirements
Omani Visa is not required for Thais
Stay Duration: 30 days
- Oman is an Arab country on the southeastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula in Western Asia. The capital and largest city is Muscat.
- Oman is famous for its fresh, sea air of breathing, and its terrain brings the biggest thrills.
- The capital city of Oman, Muscat is famous for dazzling souks and superb seafood.
- Thailand citizens are eligible to visit Oman by applying for an e-visa as tourists and stay for a duration of 30 days.
- The required documents needed for Oman tourist visa are a valid passport for at least 6 months with two blank passport pages for entry and exit stamps, a return/onward ticket, hotel reservation, proof of sufficient funds, and recent color passport photographs.
- Your Oman eVisa and Thai passport should be presented together at Oman border control. It is also advised that you carry both of these documents on your person throughout your journey in Oman.
- Arabic is recognized as Oman's national and official language. The Baluchi language is also widely spoken in Oman. English, Urdu, and several indigenous languages are identified as the other primary languages used in Oman.
- Islam is the dominant religion of Oman and virtually all citizens of Oman are Muslims.
- The Omani Rial is the official currency of Oman with code OMR.
- There is no currency restriction on both import and export of local/foreign currency in Oman. But goods or currency up to OMR 6,000 or more must be declared. The Israeli currency is prohibited.
- Oman has a subtropical dry, hot desert climate with low annual rainfall, very high temperatures in summer.
- Oman observes Gulf Standard Time with no Daylight Saving Time. The time zone is 4 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time.
- In Oman the power plugs and sockets are of type G. The standard voltage is 240 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz.
- The vaccines required before visiting Oman include hepatitis A, hepatitis B, typhoid, yellow fever, rabies, anthrax, meningitis, polio, chickenpox, shingles, pneumonia, and influenza.
- Among the top-rated tourist centers to visit in Oman are The Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, Mutrah Corniche, Nizwa Fort, Bimmah Sinkhole, and The Royal Opera House Muscat.
- The average flight duration from Thailand to Oman is 5 hours 48 minutes while the distance is 4,774 Km.
- The time difference between Thailand and Oman is 3 hours. Thailand is ahead of Oman.
- The popular airlines that fly from Thailand to Oman are Qatar Airways, SalamAir, GoAir, Bangkok Airways, Nok Air, Thai-Viet jet-air, Thai AirAsia, and Lufthansa.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the Oman tourist visa valid for?
Thai citizens traveling on an Oman tourist visa are able to stay in Oman for a period of 30 days maximum. The Oman e-visa is a single entry visa and therefore cannot be used more than once.
How do I apply for Oman tourist e-visa?
- Fill out the online application form
- Pay for your Oman e-visa
- Receive a confirmation email
- Receive your approved Oman visa by email
How do I get around in Oman?
Getting around in Oman is not so easy because there's very little public transport in Oman. Buses will at a pinch, get you between the main towns and cities, but you barely see much of the country. So it is advised you rent a car or hire a guide-driver.
Are credit cards accepted in Oman?
The most popular credit card in Oman is Visa, but MasterCard is also widely accepted. American Express is not accepted in many shops, and you may incur a fee of 5% for using it in some restaurants and hotels.