Vietnam visa requirements for Thais
Travel and visa requirements
Vietnamese Visa is not required for Thais
Stay Duration: 30 days
- Vietnam is a country located in the Southeastern part of the Asian continent.
- Thailand citizens don't need a visa for traveling to Vietnam as a tourist. The maximum duration of stay is 30 days.
- Your passport should be valid for at least 6 months following the arrival date in Vietnam and have at least 2 blank pages.
- Hanoi is the capital city of Vietnam but unlike other countries whose capital is also the largest city, Hanoi is the second-largest city of Vietnam by population.
- Ho Chi Minh City is the largest city and main commercial center of Vietnam.
- The official language spoken in Vietnam is Vietnamese and English is favored as a second language.
- Vietnam is famous for its natural landscapes, ancient history, and vibrant culture.
- Vietnamese do not believe in the existence of God or gods but the three main religions practiced in Vietnam are Buddhism, Taoism, and Confucianism.
- The official currency of Vietnam is the Vietnamese dong (VND).
- The climate of Vietnam is characterized by strong monsoon which makes it both tropical and temperate with a considerable amount of sun, a high rate of rainfall, and high humidity.
- Required vaccinations for Thailand citizens traveling to Vietnam include; hepatitis A, hepatitis B, typhoid, Japanese encephalitis, rabies, meningitis, polio, measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), pneumonia and influenza.
- Vietnam uses 220V supply voltage, 50Hz with sockets and plugs Type A, Type C, and Type F.
- Popular tourist centers in Vietnam include; Cu Chi Tunnels, The Marble Mountains, and Phong Nha Cave.
- The operating airlines in Vietnam include; Vietnam Airlines, Jetstar Pacific Airlines, Vietjet, Vietnam Air Services Company (VASCO) and Bamboo Airways, Philippine Airlines, Eva Air, Thai Airways, and Finnair.
- Vietnam uses Indochina Time all year round and it is 7 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time. There is no Daylight Saving Time in Vietnam.
- Thailand and Vietnam are on the same time zone, there is no time difference between the two countries.
- The total flight duration between Thailand and Vietnam is 1 hour 32 minutes and the distance is 808 Km.
Frequently Asked Questions
In case of emergency, what can I do?
In the case of an emergency, you could dial 113 for police, 114 for the Fire Brigade and 115 for an ambulance.
How can I go around during my stay in Vietnam?
For short distances within the country, you can get around with the use of cabs, cyclos, local buses, and minibusses. For long-distance travel, sleeper buses and trains are recommended.
When is the best time to Vietnam?
The best time to visit Vietnam is from September to November or from March to April when temperatures are mild enough for sightseeing and other outdoor activities.
What is the currency import regulations in Vietnam?
There are no restrictions on local currency. However, foreign currency exceeding VND15,000,000 must be declared on arrival.