Burkina Faso visa requirements for Togoleses
Travel and visa requirements
Burkinabe Visa is not required for Togoleses
Stay Duration: 90 days
- Togolese intending to visit Burkina Faso can stay for a duration of 90 days without a visa.
- Togolese intending to visit Burkina Faso must have a return/onward ticket.
- Togolese intending to visit Burkina Faso are required to provide a passport with six months of validity and with at least two blank pages for stamps on arrival and departure.
- Togolese intending to visit Burkina Faso are required to provide a proof of hotel accommodation, as well as an international certificate of vaccination.
- Togolese intending to visit Burkina Faso are allowed unlimited foreign currency import as long as it’s declared on entry.
- Languages spoken in Burkina-Faso are French,Fula.
- Burkina -Faso is a country with diverse religions, Islam is being regarded as the dominant religion among Christianity and other African traditional religions.
- Burkina-Faso has a primarily tropical climate with two very distinct seasons; raining and dry season.
- Currency spent in Burkina-Faso is known as the West African CFA franc.
- The power plug type used in Burkina-Faso is 220V, 50Hz with sockets and plugs Type C and Type E.
- The attractions centers in Burkina-Faso includes; Bobo-Dioulasso, Arli National Park, The ruins of loropeni and many more.
- The airline carriers operating in Burkina-Faso are Air Burkina, which is also the national carrier and Faso Airways which is known for operating charter flights both regionally and internationally.
- The flight distance between Togo and Burkina-Faso is approximately an hour.
- Both Togo and Burkina-Faso are on the same time zone, there is no time difference between the two countries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel to Burkina Faso?
Is Burkina Faso a poor country?
A poor country even by West African standards, landlocked Burkina Faso has suffered from recurring droughts and military coups. Burkina Faso, which means "land of honest men", has significant reserves of gold, but the country has faced domestic and external concern over the state of its economy and human rights.
What is Burkina Faso best known for?
Known in colonial times as Upper Volta, Burkina Faso means 'Land of the Honourable People.' Burkinabes are known among the most honest folk in Africa. Burkina is an excellent destination for anyone interested in seeing beautiful West African country and exploring African culture and music.
What is the former name of Burkina Faso?
A former French colony, it gained independence as Upper Volta in 1960. The name Burkina Faso, which means “Land of Incorruptible People,” was adopted in 1984.
What is the main religion of Burkina Faso?
Burkina Faso is a religiously diverse society, with Islam being the dominant religion. According to a recent census (2006) conducted by the Government of Burkina Faso, 60.5% of the population adheres to Islam. The vast majority of Muslims in Burkina Faso are Malikite Sunni, deeply influenced by Sufism.