EXPLORE ALBANIAView all hotels in Albania
Popular cities in Albania
- Dita e Verës (Spring Day) is celebrated in mid-March in Elbasan.
- The National Festival of Folklore held in Gjirokastër, a historic town that was designated a UNESCO World Heritage site in 2005.
- Albania’s Independence Day celebrated on November 28.
- The four islands of Ksamil: four rocky islands close to the Ionian Sea; has beautiful sandy beaches and clear water where you can swim and snorkel.
- Lake Koman: you can take a ferry ride through the lake and explore the evergreen scenery.
- The Resurrection Cathedral of Tirana is the third largest Orthodox church in Europe.
- The Fortress of Bashtovë: one of the many ancient castles in the country which are considered to be cultural monuments.
- The ancient Amphitheatre of Durrës: this ancient Roman amphitheatre was built in the second century. It is the biggest amphitheatre in the Balkans. It was rediscovered in 1966.
- The Monastery of Rubik: a cultural and architectural monument constructed in 1166.
Albania key facts
Popular Bus Terminals in Albania
Bus Providers in Albania View all providers
How do I travel out of Albania?Get Visa from Albania
For Albanians looking to travel out of the country. You can check out the list of destinations, how to Get Visa to those countries, Embassies in Albania and Visa Free Countries for Albanian passport holders
Common Questions Travellers Ask About Albania
What is Albania’s national dish?
Is Albania safe?
When is the best time to visit Albania?
What is the main religion of Albania?
Can you drink alcohol in Albania?
Is euro accepted in Albania?
Where are you going?