EXPLORE ARMENIAView all hotels in Armenia
Popular cities in Armenia
- Dolma festival - the traditional Armenian food, Dolma, is a delicious meat dish. At the Dolma festival, Armenian cooks prepare the dish and compete for a prize.
- Honey and Berry Festival - the honey and berries festival takes place in the Shamshadin region, which is referred to as the centre of honey making in the country.
- Barbecue Festival – Horovats is a special Armenian barbecue recipe, it is served alongside a vegetable dish. Horovats is the national food of Armenia and the Barbecue Festival is celebrated in its honour.
- Areni Wine festival – this festival commemorates the ancient history of winemaking in Armenia which archaeological excavations found out has the oldest winery in the world.
The country has many historical landmarks that attract an increasing number of tourists. Some of which include:
- Echmiadzin Cathedral, the religious centre of Armenians, the Echmiazdin cathedral was built to commemorate the adoption of Christianity in Armenia.
- Tatev Monastery, to get to this medieval monastery surrounded by amazing landscapes, you’ll take a ride in the famous wings of Tatev, which holds a record as one of the longest cable cars in the world.
- Khor Virap monastery, which is close to the Turkish border, is visited mostly to observe Mount Ararat, a national symbol of Armenia.
- Lake Sevan, considered to be one of the highest lakes in the world, it is a popular site for tourists.
- Hot Springs of Jermuk, Armenia has a number of thermal springs. Jermuk is popular for its healing mineral waters. Jermuk also has a number of spas.
- The Armenian Genocide Memorial, a museum to commemorate the country’s past
- Vernissage flea market, a weekend flea market where you can get the famous Armenian carpets, and other souvenirs.
- The Armenian alphabet park, built to celebrate the 1600th birthday of the Armenian letters and alphabets are a favourite for kids.
Facts about Armenia
How do I travel out of Armenia?Get Visa from Armenia
For Armenians looking to travel out of the country. You can check out the list of destinations, how to Get Armenia visa to those countries, Embassies in Armenia and Visa Free Countries for Armenian passport holders