Myanmar visa requirements for Cameroonians
Travel and visa requirements
Burmese Visa is not required for Cameroonians
Stay Duration: 28 days
- Cameroonians intending to visit Myanmar first apply for an E- visa.
- This online pre-visa can be granted by the Myanmar consulate in the applicant's home country.
- This E-visa is valid for a maximum total stay of 28days within a one-year period.
- Alongside the E-visa, the traveller must also have a return/onward ticket.
- A proof of hotel accommodation is also needed, as well as an international certificate of vaccination.
- Cameroonians intending to visit Myanmar are required to provide a passport with six months of validity and with atleast two blank pages for stamps on arrival and departure.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Myanmar famous for??
Fishermen on Inle Lake in Myanmar arefamous for fishing on one leg. The local Intha people developed the unusual technique over centuries to enable fishing and rowing at the same time. Myanmar was known as Burma until 1989 when the military junta renamed the country Myanmar. The capital, Rangoon, became Yangon.
Is it safe to travel to Myanmar?
Travel to almost all parts of Myanmar is safe. Smartraveller.gov.au advice says visitors to Yangon, Bagan, Mandalay and Inle Lake should use normal safety precautions. Anyone thinking about visiting Rakhine State should reconsider their need for travel. The overall rating for the country is “high degree of caution”.
Why did Burma change to Myanmar??
Officially, on paper, the country's name is Myanmar. In 1989, the ruling military government changed the name from Burma to Myanmar after thousands were killed in an uprising. The city of Rangoon also became Yangon. The name change was also a way to rid the country of British colonial influences.
Is Myanmar a rich or poor country??
Burma – officially the Republic of the Union of Myanmar – is the largest country in mainland southeast Asia, at 676,578sq km. But despite being a large country in a region of economic growth, Burma is also the poorest country in the region.
What kind of country is Myanmar??
Officially the Republic of the Union of Myanmar and also known as Burma, is a country in Southeast Asia. Myanmar is bordered by India and Bangladesh to its west, Thailand and Laos to its east and China to its north and northeast.