Qatar visa requirements for Cameroonians
Travel and visa requirements
Qatari Visa is not required for Cameroonians
Stay Duration: 30 days
- Facilities for an electronic visa is made available for Cameroon citizens travelling to Qatar for a period of 30 days.
- Visitors are required to possess passports valid for the proposed duration of stay.
- Visitors are expected to leave at least two blank pages on their passports to obtain visa stamps.
- A certificate of vaccination is not required to travel to Qatar.
- Proof of sufficient funds is required from travellers by presenting evidence of sufficient funds to support visits to Qatar such as pay stubs, traveller's cheques, and/or most recent bank statements.
- If they have a tourist visa, travellers must also have evidence of confirmed hotel reservation and any major credit card or at least USD 1,400.
- There are no currency restrictions on entering or departing Qatar.
- All travellers are not required to pay any airport tax upon departing from the airport.
- The estimated flight time from Yaounde, Cameroon to Qatar is 6 hours, 33 minutes.
- Qatar is on the Arabian Standard Time zone (GMT+3) making Qatar 2 hours ahead of Cameroon.
- Some HIV/AIDS entry restrictions exist for visitors visiting Qatar.
- Customs regulations are strict regarding alcohol, narcotics, pork products, weapons or weapons-related articles (handcuffs, laser pointers, etc.) and pornographic/sexually-related materials in Qatar.
- Incidents involving obscene language, gestures, or insulting comments often result in arrest, overnight imprisonment, and/or fines.
- Religion is a very sensitive issue in Qatar so travellers are advised to treat any discussions on religion with care and caution. The law provides for a prison sentence of up to seven years for defaming, desecrating, or committing blasphemy against Islam, Christianity, and Judaism.
- Flogging is employed as a punishment for alcohol consumption or illicit sexual relations.
- The law also restricts public worship for non-Islamic faiths.
- While you may import religious material for personal use, do not bring religious materials into the country for proselytizing purposes as this is prohibited.
- Pets are cleared for entry into Qatar if they are carried in a clean and lockable cage suitable for the size of the animal and designed for air travel and accompanied by an official certificate of veterinary health, which confirms that the animal is cleared for air travel, free from disease and vaccinated.
- Firearms require special permission in advance from the Ministry of Defense, Government of Qatar.
- There are no restrictions on importing or exporting local currency (Qatar Riyal-QAR) and foreign currencies other than Israeli currency.
- Transport within Qatar is made with Mass-transit options such as a Doha Metro, light-rail system and more extensive bus networks.
- Arabic is the official language of Qatar, with Qatari Arabic as the local dialect.
- English is particularly useful for communication with Qatar's large expatriate community.
- Qatar is the world's biggest buyer in the art market by value based on this reason, art is at the center of the country’s tourism.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Qatar a safe country?
Qatar is the 16th safest country in the world, based on the safest and most dangerous countries ranking. Violent crime is very low and most tourists will never face any safety concern. The most common crime is pickpocketing, but there is a large police presence throughout the country.
Can you drink alcohol in Qatar?
It is an offence to drink alcohol or be drunk in public. Alcohol is available at licensed hotel restaurants and bars, and expatriates living in Qatar can obtain alcohol on a permit system. Do not carry alcohol around with you (except to take it on the day of collection from the warehouse to your home).
What are the things considered illegal in Qatar?
Import regulations are strict, pork is banned in addition to weapons, narcotics and pornography. Certain medications may be illegal in Qatar, so bring your prescription slip and a note from your physician. Certain public displays of affection such as kissing are also illegal, especially in family-friendly spaces.
What is the minimum wage in Qatar?
Qatar sets a minimum wage for migrants workers worth around $200 a month.
What is official currency of Qatar?
The Qatari Riyal is the recognised national currency of Qatar.
how can i get a tourist visa?
2 years ago
How can i get a tourist visa to Qatar from cameroon
What is the cost price of making Quatar working visa for Cameroonians in Cameroon currency???
1 year ago