With an area of about 2,586 sq. km, the country is considered one of the smallest in the world. It is a developed country and has a high and stable economy, it also has the highest minimum wage in the European Union.
Luxembourg has an efficient road network and has a very high rate of car ownership. To go about in the country, one can drive or take buses, trains, and airplanes.
French, German, and Luxembourgish (which is considered the national language), are the three recognized languages in the country. These languages are taught in the schools across the country in addition to English which is compulsory. Much of the population in Luxembourg can speak English.
With 87% of the population being Catholics, Roman Catholicism is predominant in the country. The remaining 23% are Protestants, Jews, Orthodox Christians, and Muslims. Easter, Christmas, and other religious festivals are celebrated in Luxembourg.
The country also celebrates a number of Luxembourgish festivals and traditions some of which are:
- The Hopping Procession of Echternach
- National Day: which is celebrated on the 23rd of June.
- Schueberfouer funfair in Luxembourg City.
- Buergbrennen Bonfire Festival
- Liichtmëssdag Candlemas Day
- Bretzelsonndeg (Pretzel Sunday)
- Oktav a Mäertchen
- Summer wine festivals.
There are several fun places in Luxembourg some of them include;
- The old quarter of Luxembourg City: It was designated a UNESCO world’s heritage site in 1994. This fortress has given way to beautiful parks and gardens. It is a beautiful place to begin exploring the city of Luxembourg.
- National museum of history an art, Luxembourg City: This is one of the top museums in the world. The museum has a collection of art objects, archeological finds, furniture, tools, coins etc.
- The Bock Casements, Luxembourg City: This casement is capable of sheltering thousands of defenders, equipment etc. There are guided tours and this casement can be explored on foot.
Summers in Luxembourg are partly cloudy and sometimes sunny while winters are usually very cold, windy and really cloudy. The best time to visit the country is it from May to September as the weather is often mild and gentle.
There are a variety of hotels and apartments
about 404,000 of them, most of which are in the capital City.