EXPLORE PARAGUAYView all hotels in Paraguay
Popular cities in Paraguay
- Dia de San Blas: held in February, in honour of Saint Blaise, the patron saint of Paraguay, which features walking on hot coals and embers.
- Carnival: the largest festival held in Paraguay each year. It features parades and pageants
- Verbena de San Juan: held in honour of Saint John.
- Independence Day (Día de la Independencia): Paraguay celebrates its independence from Spain on May 15.
- Nanduti Festival: held in the last weekend of July, features displays of Paraguayan arts and craft.
- Museo de la Estacion Central del Ferrocarril Carlos Antonio Lopez: an old railway station, now a museum, it offers tourist rides to the neighbouring city of Aregua.
- Teatro Municipal: a municipal theatre in Asuncion where you can catch regular shows and performances.
- Cerro Cora National Park: one of Paraguay’s national parks. It is the largest in Paraguay and you can hike here or explore the diverse species.
- The Jesuit Missions of La Santísima Trinidad de Paraná and Jesús de Tavarangue: These UNESCO World Heritage sites were built by missionaries in the 17th century.
- Ybycuí National Park: probably the most visited of Paraguay’s national parks, it has an iron foundry and museum, reminiscent of Paraguay’s arms industry. The park also has a waterfall where you can swim in the pool.
Paraguay key facts
Popular Bus Terminals in Paraguay
Bus Providers in Paraguay View all providers
How do I travel out of Paraguay?Get Visa from Paraguay
For Paraguayans looking to travel out of the country. You can check out the list of destinations, how to Get Visa to those countries, Embassies in Paraguay and Visa Free Countries for Paraguayan passport holders
Common Questions Travellers Ask About Paraguay
When is the best time to visit Paraguay?
Is Paraguay Safe?
Can I use credit cards in Paraguay?
What is there to do in Paraguay?
- Go shopping in Ciudad del Este. Ciudad del Este is a city, known for its shops and malls. It is also home to The central Museo Mensú; the Friendship Bridge connecting the town to Brazil
- Take a tour of the Tea Plantations
- Attend the Trans Chaco Rally, showcasing cars and automobile sports.
- Attend numerous festivals and cultural events.
- Visit some of the historical sites and national parks