EXPLORE PERUView all hotels in Peru
Popular cities in Peru
- La Candelaria, in honour of Puno’s patron saint, the Virgin of Candlemas,
- Inti Raymi (Festival of the Sun), in honour of the revered Incan sun god Inti.
- Fiesta de la Vendimia (The Wine Festival), a celebration of Ica’s grape harvest.
- Mistura, an annual culinary fair that showcases Peruvian cuisine
- Visit the Amazon rainforest
- Explore the beaches (surfing, biking, horseback riding)
- Inca trail to Machu Picchu, this is one of the most popular activities in Peru. Hiking the Inca trail is a way to explore the different environments from cloud forests to mountain and forest scenery. The trail also features archaeological pieces of Inca civilization
- Coffee tour in Cusco
- Go on an excursion at Iquitos
- Manu National Park – covering an area of 1.5million hectares, it is home to a wide range of flora and fauna and is a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Huascaran National Park - also on the UNESCO World Heritage list, it has over 600 glaciers and has the snow-capped Mount Huascaran where you can enjoy mountain sports. The park is described as having a landscape of rare beauty.
- Nazca lines – an archaeological site located in Nazca desert. It features drawings of figures etched into the sands.
- Mancora - a resort town home to the Mancora beach, which has a reputation among surfers.
- Sacsayhuaman – located in the Cusco region, it is home to the famous Inca wall, an archaeological site showcasing Incan architecture.
Facts about Peru
How do I travel out of Peru?Get Visa from Peru
For Peruvians looking to travel out of the country. You can check out the list of destinations, how to Get Peru visa to those countries, Embassies in Peru and Visa Free Countries for Peruvian passport holders
Common Questions Travellers Ask About Peru
What is the best time to go to Peru?
Is Peru dangerous?
What vaccines do I need to travel to Peru?
- Yellow fever, and
- Routine Vaccination.